Download MKVToolnix, a set of tools to create, alter and inspect Matroska files under Linux, other Unices and Windows
From the Official Site:
MKVToolnix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect Matroska files under Linux, other Unices and Windows. They do for Matroska what the OGMtools do for the OGM format and then some.
With these tools one can get information about (mkvinfo) Matroska files, extract tracks/data from (mkvextract) Matroska files and create (mkvmerge) Matroska files from other media files. Matroska is a new multimedia file format aiming to become THE new container format for the future.
Input Files: AAC, AC3, AVI, DTS, FLC, MKV, MP3, MP4, OGG/OGM, RM/RMVB, SRT, SSA, WAV
Output Files: MKV
Windows XP/Linux/Unix/Mac OS/Windows Vista
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Jun 22, 2019
# Version 35.0.0 "All The Love In The World" 2019-06-22
## New features and enhancements
* mkvmerge: JSON identification: the "codec name" track property will be
output as `codec_name`. The JSON schema has been bumped to v12 for this
* MKVToolNix GUI: job queue: added a new type of action to execute after job
completion: deleting source files for of multiplexer jobs. As this is a
destructive operation, the action is disabled by default. Implements #869
## Bug fixes
* mkvmerge: the "codec name" track property wasn't copied from Matroska
files. Fixes #2566.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: Windows: clearing the destination file name
will reset the tab name to "\<No destination file\>" again. Fixes #2571.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the file types were not re-translated if the UI
language was changed. Fixes #2572.