From the Author :
This little tool allows you to change merit of DirectShow filters.
Each filter is registered with a merit value. When the
filter graph manager builds a graph, it enumerates all the
filters registered with the correct media type. Then it
tries them in order of merit, from highest to lowest. (It
uses additional criteria to choose between filters with
Windows 95/Windows 98/Windows Me/Windows 2000/Windows XP/Windows 2003
View complete revision history
- Release Date: Jun 6, 2007
- Fix: Unnecessary registry write access caused problems in limited user accounts. However, for registering / unregistering filters or changing merit values admin rights are mandatory!
- Added: Button for saving the the DirectShow filter list as text file (using commas as separators, can be imported in a data base)
- Changed: DirectShow filters whose file is missing are displayed in gray (if a filter has been deleted without unregistering it)
- Added: In case of an attempt to unregister a non-existent filter the RFM offers to delete the according (known) registry keys.